Wednesday, June 3, 1998

03-06-98 Cambridge, MA. The Middle East Club.

"ANYONE CAUGHT STAGEDIVING WILL BE IMMEDIATELY EJECTED".

I saw it. I read it. I dived in. I didn't get immediately ejected.

The sign should actually read: "ANYONE CAUGHT STAGEDIVING WILL BE IMMEDIATELY EJECTED UNLESS THEY ARE ONE OF THE BANDS BECAUSE WE'D BE STUPID TO THROW THEM OUT DURING THEIR SET BECAUSE YOU'VE PAID TO SEE THEM PLAY".
We came, we saw, we stagedived. Naa naa na naa naa.

The tour bus is amazing. The last US tour bus we had got nick named 'The Whale'. This bus is so sleek it's more of a shark.

It is (to my shame) better than any house I've ever lived in. This thing is large. It has a microwave, 12 bunks, 2 lounges, 2 sound systems, a toilet, refrigerator, coffee machine, air conditioning, wardrobes and a satellite TV tracking system.

After the tour we're going to kill the driver, steal the bus and re-write 'The Electric Kool Aid Acid Test'.

The after show party was interesting. Gravity Kills gave us a bottle of champagne as a welcome gift to the tour (thanks lads). Then a drunken woman accosted me near the bar: "I didn't get a chance to do this during your show Jon, so I'll do it now . . . WHOOOOOOO!"
As her T-shirt flipped up her massive white mammaries eclipsed the conversation. No one has ever shown me their breasts at the bar after a show before.

This woman looks like she could put out electrical fires with those things and I've got to get to Pennsylvania unscathed.
I thank her and escape to the safety of the bus.

Come on Pittsburgh. The weird bit: Miles Hunt (from the Wonderstuff) was playing an acoustic set in the same venue in
another room tonight, and I found out that the woman who manages Gravity Kills is Geezer Butler's wife and their son is a
big Pitchshsifter fan. Mad world.

No comments:

Post a Comment