Thursday, June 11, 1998

11-06-98 Day off. Lawrence, KS.

Aarrggghhh! more days off. More days off than gigs this week. Save us, SAVE US!
I wake up at 2pm. My body clock has successfully shifted to a 6.30am shut down. Ahh, life on the road. There's sod all to do in Lawrence Kansas. Everyone I ask who lives here says there's nothing to so and that we should go to Kansas City if we want to hav any fun. Great.
D is alive and tattooless. Very impressive. I must have made an impression on him last night. He looks really hung over though. Excellent day to get a massive tattoo on his chest. Get some of that liquor blood to the surface under the needle, heh heh.

Brent the tattooist is alive and seemingly hangoverless. I grab a seat as he gets stuck into Jim's leg. Jim has decided he needs to have the Pitchshifter eye logo tattooed on his leg. The rest of the band have it tattooed there too, except me.

I designed that damn logo I don't have it tatooed on my body. Go figure. Both tattoos go down smoothly.

The lake of whiskey brent sank last night doesn't seem to have impeeded his skills. D and Jim both sit there without crying and all goes well. Later D and I head to a house party in the neighbourhood. Two punk bands are playing in the front room and a mob of desperate looking agressive lonely men are crowding the garden. We leave them to their territorial pissing and head back to the bus.
By 9.30am I can't snog the girl in my bunk any longer. Her tongue must be a foot long but her eyes are half closed and my mind's a mess. She's very cute but I'm tired. She tucks me in and stumbles out to her car.

Does anybody drive sober in this country?

SCHOOL BUS DRIVER WANTED. MUST LIKE GETTING REALLY DRUNK AND DRIVING FAST. APPLY WITHIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment