Thursday, June 4, 1998

04-06-98 Pittsburgh, PA. Club Laga.

When we spoke to the promoter on the telephone earlier in the day we thought he said 'Club Lager' (as in beer) so we figured this show would be a crock of shite. I mean, how good a show can you expect to have in a club named after a type of beer?

Anyway it's Club 'LAGA' not 'LAGER' and the gig was rocking. The crowd were into us and we had a blast. I got to stage dive in Pennsylvania. 2 down 58 to go. Stage diving across America with Pitchshifter. Anybody seen the film "The Swimmer" starring Burt Lancaster? We're remaking it . . . but with stage diving.

Before the show I picked up a copy of a local Pittsburgh newspaper. I like to see how different places cover the news and how biased or unbiased they are. The difference can be amazing. I read in a French newspaper once that 25% of English men were gay. One in four? I don't think so Mr. Chirac, and we all have good teeth thank you very much.

Flicking through the pages of the paper I found the live music section.

It ran: "Pitchshifter. Club Laga Thursday night.You shouldn't let your children go and see this band"

I like to think we bring out the best in people. My Mum is so proud of us.

"You still getting reviews in the papers where they tell the parents not to let their kids come and see your shows son?"
"Yes Mum."
"I'm so proud of you."

Thank you and good night Pittsburgh.

After show we got taken to a house club in town where a few scary women in blue disco wigs were wiggling around on podiums
to god awful house music.
Oh the rock and roll life style.
We left.

No comments:

Post a Comment