Monday, July 20, 1998

20-07-98 Day off. Boise, ID.

Daaaaaayyyyyyyyy offfffffffffffff! Shit. Boise Idaho is the only thing between Seattle and Salt Lake City. Spare us. Spare us all. Boise Idaho is one of those towns where people have to burn dogs and get drunk with their parents to aleviate the mind crushing boredom. I live in an unmittigated shit hole but even I pity these people.

In the day Stilly gets so bored he decides to paint the Buddha statue we stole from one of the gigs in the style of KISS facepaint. I just watch. I figure it's some symbolic thing he must do to be able to tour all year round. When he's done he places Buddha in the front window of the bus. Our new figure head. To recap: we are tooling around the country in a large cuddley blue dolphin with a Buddha figure head wearing Gene Simmonds' stage make up. I feel so effectual.

Out in the street I stumble into a skate shop. There in the corner of the shop is a T-shrt rack. The first shirt I can see on the rack is a grey T-shirt with the words 'BORED' printed on the front in flames. I buy the shirt. It's fate. I put it straight on and head out into the 'city center'. I find a bar called the Neurolux and get a drink. There's a semi-clad man playing table tennis with two women simultaneously and every score gets a round of applause from the crowd. Very strange. David Lynch and reverse dwarf just out of shot.

After drinking a few free beers from a Goa trance DJ and a woman in a Union Jack T-shirt I head back to the bus. We leave at 2 am and I am sitting in the dolphin just waiting for the clock to spin around. I'm starting to realise that it's only the gigs that keep our minds together. Days off are the work of the Dark One. Many more days off like this and I'm going to have to quit this crazy life style and settle down with a good woman. Rocket scientist supermodel? . . . you know the address.

No comments:

Post a Comment